St. Thomas More School welcomes new students in all grades based on availability according to current class enrollment. All faiths are welcome. The enrollment in each kindergarten class is closed at 18 students, and the classroom enrollment in grades one through eight closes at 26 students per class. Families are encouraged to contact Cindy Zona, (610-432-0396, ext. 1100) to schedule a tour, learn about our application process, and receive an application packet.
Parent/Guardian Inquiry for Information
Based on your request, we will schedule a tour or mail the application packet to you. Sometimes parents/guardians will want to review the application packet before scheduling an appointment.
Tour of the School
You will have a comprehensive tour of the school. Tours take approximately 60 minutes.
We will give you an application packet and review the steps in the application process.
Assessment of Ability
- Upon receipt of the completed application packet, you will be contacted by the Director of Instructional Support to schedule a time for your child’s academic assessment.
- An Instructional Support teacher will administer the appropriate benchmark testing for a student entering grades one through eight. The test for students in grades 5-8 is approximately 90 minutes in length, and the test for students in grades 1-4 is approximately 60 minutes.
- The Instructional Support teacher will review the next steps in the application process with you after the assessment.
Principal and Counselor Meeting
- During your child’s assessment, you will meet with the Principal and School Counselor to ask questions about the program.
- The Principal and School Counselor will answer questions, provide an overview of St. Thomas More defining characteristics, discuss the religious expectations, and clarify the application process. The Principal will describe his/her vision of the St. Thomas More program.
Review of Assessments and Admission Information
- The review of assessments and application documents may take up to two weeks after all documents are received. A decision cannot be made until all documents are received. Parents or guardians will be notified of the placement decision at that time.
Upon Acceptance to STM
- You will receive a letter to sign and return informing us of your intentions for your child’s enrollment in STM.
- Our office personnel will contact you and share the next steps in the enrollment process which will include:
- Completion of school forms
- Purchasing uniforms
- Necessary classroom supplies
- Collection of a non-refundable iPad Fee ($90 initially)
- Enrollment in More Bread program and fee
- Volunteering commitment
- Extended Care Registration form and fee ($10)
- Our School Counselors will assign a buddy for your child and contact you with that information unless conveyed otherwise.
- Transportation is arranged by our office personnel. Notification of bus stop and pick up time will be sent directly to you.
Transportation is provided by the school district in which the student resides. We will inform the bus company of your enrollment in STM, and the school district will mail notification of the bus stop and pick up time directly to your residence. Any concerns you may have about busing can be addressed directly with the respective school districts. Students who reside in Allentown School District will receive their transportation notification from STM.
The St. Thomas More School board determines the tuition that is announced at the annual mandatory parent meeting held in May. Non-parishoners pay an additional $1500 as they are not asked to financially support the parish. Other obligations include regular parish support, participation in the volunteer program as it fits your schedule and a commitment to our More Bread program. You will learn more about our volunteer and More Bread programs when you come for a tour of our school. We have an initial non-refundable iPad fee of $90, which includes the cost of the cover and the insurance. It is reduced to a $40 non-refundable fee each year after the first to insure the device.
Extended Care Program
This program is available before school beginning at 6:30 and after school until 5:30 to accommodate our working families. The initial registration fee for this program is $10. Your child will be registered for the duration of his/her enrollment at STM. Please contact Cindy Zona at (610)432-0396 extension 1100 for more information about fees for this service.