Information technology is vital to the mission and function of St. Thomas More School and we are committed to preparing students to be literate and responsible citizens in a 21st Century world. By immersing our students in a technology-rich instructional environment, we are providing them with instant access to information all over the world and preparing them to be effective and responsible users of technology.
Information technology is changing the way our students learn, study and interact. With Students are developing the skills required to be literate in a digital world. Our goal is to teach students to be self-directed learners, think critically about the world around them, collaborate with others without boundaries and be creative in how they organize and demonstrate understanding.
Your Role As a Parent
In order for students to experience all the success and benefits that this program can offer, St. Thomas More encourages parents to:
- Share in your child’s excitement about this great opportunity for learning.
- Learn along with your child as they use this instructional tool to prepare for their future in the 21st century.
- Become familiar with our Acceptable Use Policy found in the STM Student Handbook.
- If you are a new parent, register for a school issued Apple ID, an email from Apple will be sent to you with directions for creating this account. A St. Thomas More School issued Apple ID is necessary for us to share apps, resources and content with your child on their iPad.
- Monitor and teach your child about appropriate Internet use when using technology. Parents should ensure that their child adheres to Internet guidelines established at home and at school and that your child uses their school issued iPad for school related work only.
- Visit our Digital Learning Page on our website located in the Program Section to find out about our apps and view tutorials.
- Help your child take care of their device, establishing good routines for charging, storage and transportation to and from school.
At all times, we take precautions to ensure the privacy of our students using reputable educational resources and concealing information that may be identifying.