Communication and collaboration between teacher and parent are essential components for the success of children. Therefore, the opportunity for parental engagement in the sharing of student progress and performance during Parent/Teacher Conferences is key to home/school collaboration.
During the first trimester, Progress Reports will act as a catalyst for focused discussions which may occur during Parent/Teacher Conferences. Upon receipt and review of these Progress Reports, parents are requested to sign and have their child return the report to his/her assigned homeroom teacher. Please be reminded that real-time progress monitoring of academic growth is available daily on OptionC.
Additionally, St. Thomas More School will be conducting Parent/Teacher Conferences on Tuesday, October 24, Wednesday, October 25, and Thursday, October 26, 2017. These scheduled conference days will involve a noon dismissal with no lunch being served. Bus transportation and Extended Care will be provided. Extended Care will be open to all registered students from 12:00 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. Childcare will not be available.
Please read carefully the essential details that will facilitate the registration and scheduling for conference attendance.
- Conferences are mandated for all students in Kindergarten and Grades 1, 2, 3, and 4 with their homeroom
- Conferences are at the request of parents and/or teachers for students in Grades 5, 6, 7, and 8 as well as non-homeroom teachers in grades K through 4.
- Conferences will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
- The window for registering is October 4 through October 18.
- Registration and scheduling of conferences will occur through the use of OptionC. To schedule a parent/Teacher Conference through OptionC, please visit optionc.com. Our school code is 3025. If you have never received a username and password, please contact Ms. Cindy Zona in the Business Office (610-432-0396, Ext. 1). If you forgot your password, please use the “Forgot Password” link on our OptionC login page. Please see the attached Parent Guide for specific instructions.
- Please document the date(s) and time(s) of conference(s) as promptness is critical in maximizing the 15 minutes allocated for each conference as well as respecting the time allocated for others.
The St. Thomas More Faculty and Staff looks forward to working in partnership with our parents in promoting a successful and productive year for all of our students.