Safe Environment Program – Requirements for Volunteers
The United States Conference of Bishops’ Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People mandates that every diocese implement Safe Environment programs for all children, parents, and adults. The principal purpose of this Charter is to ensure a safe environment for the children of each diocese. Here in the Diocese of Allentown, a number of steps have been taken in order implement these guidelines pertaining to reconciliation, healing, accountability, and prevention of future acts of abuse. To learn more about the Diocese’s Youth Protection programs, go onto the Diocese of Allentown website, http://www.allentowndiocese.org/the-diocese/youth-protection/.
Below is a list of the requirements necessary to volunteer at St. Thomas More. All forms and certificates should be submitted to the Safe Environment coordinator at the Parish Center.
NEW! Find out what you specifically need in order to remain clear to volunteer in 2016 by requesting a Volunteer Safe Environment Report.
Safe Environment Coordinator: Jared Rabold Phone: 610-433-7413 ext. 49 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements for adult volunteers (anyone 18 years and older who will be volunteering while minors are present).
1. Diocesan Requirements – must be completed only once
- Read and sign the acknowledgment form for the Code of Conduct Policy
- Read and sign the acknowledgment form for the Policy Regarding the Sexual Abuse of Minors
- Attend a Protecting God’s Children Workshop and submit the certificate of attendance.
All forms can be downloaded below. You may attend a workshop at any diocesan location.
2. State of Pennsylvania Requirements – must be updated every five years.
- Submit a PA State Police Criminal Record Check (dated 2015 or later) – https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Submit a Department of Welfare’s Child Abuse Clearance (dated 2015 or later) – https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
- Submit a FBI Criminal Background Fingerprint Check (dated within 1 year of submission) OR submit a Diocesan Background Check & Fingerprint Authorization Form (Form can be found at right).
- Submit a Mandated Reporting Training certificate of completion-
Mandated Reporter LIVE Training
May 10 – St Patrick
Pottsville PA 5:30 PM-8:30 PM
Workshop will be held at the St Patrick Parish Center-313 Mahantongo St
Register by May 5th
Requirements for minor volunteers (anyone under the age of 18 years old). Diocesan Requirements:
- Read and sign the acknowledgment form for the Code of Conduct policy.
- Read and sign the acknowledgment form for the Policy Regarding the Sexual Abuse of Minors.
Forms can be found below
Upcoming PGC Workshops at St. Thomas More:
If you are planning on attending a workshop, you must register in advance. Childcare will not be available. Workshops are held in the Disciple’s Room in the church. To register or for more information, please contact Jared Rabold by phone at 610-433-7413 ext.49, or by email at email@example.com.
If you are planning on attending a workshop at STM, you must register in advance. Childcare will not be available. Workshops are held in the Disciple’s Room in the church. To register or for more information, please contact Jared Rabold by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at the 610-433-7413 ext.49.
If you attend a PGC workshop at another diocesan location, be sure to submit a copy of your Certificate of Attendance to Jared Rabold at the Parish Center.
The Policy Regarding Alleged Sexual Abuse of Minors Read the policy, print the acknowledgement form, and then sign.
Code of Conduct Read the policy, print the acknowledgement form, and then sign.